Website Aberdeen Football Club
– Salary: “Dependant Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 29/03/2019
– Job Role: Scouting Analyst Intern
Overall Purpose of Job:
The Scouting Analyst Intern will assist the Performance Analysis Department in providing Scouting Data
support on players from various leagues. This is to allow the club to target players for recruitment from these leagues using credible and concise data with benchmarks relating to the current first team squad. The Scouting Analyst Intern will maintain a database of all stats generated which in turn will lead to trend analysis on the players in the leagues identified with monthly reports generated for the chief scout, the manager and the head of performance analysis.
The data should be integrated into the sports office platform and ongoing development between the Scouting Analyst Intern and the staff at sports office should occur to enable this to be achieved.
Main Responsibilities/Description of Duties:
• Deliver a Scouting Analysis Support Service with the aim of enhancing our player recruitment methods and improving the clubs reach to various leagues around Europe.
• Create and maintain a database on all our first team players to use as a benchmark against potential targets.
• Create monthly reports outlining technical stats for players in various European leagues including our
own, “top tens” as well as team of the month should be included in this report.
• Work closely with existing database partners to help them create a scouting module that fits in with current club structures.
• Once targets have been identified, create fully illustrated individual player videos for scouting staff.
• Ongoing study / R&D to make sure the scouting analysis department is “best in business”.
• To analyse all procured matches and footage to agreed criteria as directed by the Performance Analyst.
• To analyse match footage, statistical reports and player/team reports and portray as meaningful intelligence to aid the player scouting decision making process.
• Participate in ad hoc projects as instructed by the Performance Analyst.
• To maintain knowledge of all new technology and methodology related to scouting, talent identification, performance and video analysis.
• Undertake filming and provide filmed content for performance analysis department as required by the Head of Performance Analysis and Chief Scout
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.