Website Barnsley Football Club
– Salary: : £22.000
– Hours: 37-hour working week
– Closing Date: 16/06/2019
• Academy Manager
• Head of Physiotherapist/ Club Doctor
• Senior Academy Physiotherapist
Essential Qualifications/ Pre-requisites:
• BSc (hons) degree in Physiotherapy
• Full and in date membership/ registration: Chartered Physiotherapist (CSP) and Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
• Current ATMMiF or equivalent qualification i.e. level 5
• Experience of working as a Physiotherapist within an elite sporting environment
• Clear, enhanced DBS check
• Full valid driver’s license
• MSc or studying towards
• Competent in the use of IT software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint/ Keynote
• Experience of working within a leadership/managerial role.
• Experience of working within a professional football Club and/or academy
• Working knowledge of EPPP
• To work alongside the Senior Academy Physiotherapist to aid the delivery on sports medicine within the academy.
• To help develop the Academy Physiotherapy Department in line with the Club’s strategic objectives and the EPPP
• To help manage and oversee the part-time Academy Physiotherapists
• Manage and oversee the treatment and rehabilitation of injured academy players (U9 – U18)
• To take part in in-service training for part time physiotherapists
• Maintain medical notes in conjunction with CSP/ HCPC standards
• Regulation and management of the PMA for individual injuries and performance clock during rehabilitation.
• Contribute to ongoing staff and player education
• To undertake regular CPD
• Provide a physiotherapy service for the U9 – U18 age group
– Pitch-side emergency first aid for games/training
– Daily management of injured players
– Provide evidence-based assessment/exercise prescription/manual therapy/
electrotherapy for all injured players using a range of equipment and facilities.
– Provide treatments as and when required for all players
– Monitor and manage injured players training loads working alongside sports
– Ensure ‘all return to play’ objective measures are met before passing player fit to train/referring to sport science staff
– Liaise with the appropriate coaches and sports science staff with regards to the U18 squad, on a daily basis.
– Liaise with the Club Doctor regarding ill/injured players/medicals for new
signings and ensure approval is gained prior to arranging further
– Liaise with the medical services at national level regarding ongoing
assessment, treatment and medical status of players.
– Maintain medical notes in conjunction with CSP/HCPC standards
– Maintain an injury audit and present monthly findings to academy manager
– Provide an annual medical screen to all players
– Provide appropriate injury prevention exercises to those with previous injuries or medical screening issues.
– Ensure all medical equipment is in working order/in date
– Provide a holistic approach to the management of injures, referring to sport psychology/ variety of MDT when appropriate.
– To arrange annual cardiac screening for the first-year scholars
– Ensure all players have completed a medical questionnaire and have given
consent/ parental consent to physiotherapy input.
– Ensure the appropriate cover is provided for the U9 – U16 training,
physiotherapy clinics and games and liaise with appropriate staff.
– Take part in covering evening and weekend/training clinic/ games programme
• To assist the Senior Academy Physiotherapist and First Team Physiotherapist with the U23 and the First Team Squads on a daily basis, as and when required.
• To provide support for the First Team Physiotherapist when required for training/ match days.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm and is committed to achieving agreed objectives.
• Effective at preparing, planning and implementing workloads and schedules.
• A dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic individual.
• Proactive decision maker with excellent communication skills.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work and maintaining standard.
• Is receptive to feedback about own behavior, strengths and areas for improvement.
• Displays high levels of confidentiality.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Flexibility and willingness to learn.
• Strong character
• Understands Health and Safety principles and practices and adheres to the Club’s Safeguarding policy and practices.
• Supports equality and values diversity and recognizes people’s rights in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures ensuring all legal obligations are met.
Probationary Period: 6 months (as detailed in contract)
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.