Website Barnsley Football Club
– Salary: “Dependent Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 31/10/2019
– Job Role : Football Academy Therapists
Barnsley FC is a Championship professional football club with a Category 2 Academy status. We are seeking casual Physiotherapists/sports therapists to join our medical team to provide medical cover at weekday evening training/injury clinics and weekend matches for 9-16 age groups.
You will join an existing group of part-time Physiotherapists on a training/games rota although you may be required to work on an as-and-when basis. This role will give you the opportunity to work in a professional sporting environment, working alongside physiotherapists, sport scientists, coaches, academy football players.
On occasions you will be expected to be the medical lead when covering training, injury clinics and competitive matches, providing opportunities for personal development, increase communication and clinical skills in an elite sport-setting. The academy will provide you with in-service-training and the opportunity to work closely with the Sport Scientists and the Head Academy Physiotherapist in the assessment/management of injuries and injury prevention in this clinical area.
Successful candidates will need to possess an enthusiastic attitude and demonstrate good communication skills with players of varying ages, parents, coaches, sport scientists and the medical team in order to ensure we continue to provide effective treatment to our players. You will also need to be flexible due to evening and weekend work.
• BSc Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy
• SST or CSP/HCPC Registered
• In-date First Aid Qualification (First aid in sport/First aid at work or equivalent)
• Excellent communication skills
• Interest in paediatrics/sporting clinical environment
• Advanced pitch-side trauma training (IFAS/AREA)
• Previous pitch-side or Paediatric/Academy setting experience
• Experience of working in a sporting interdisciplinary team
• Safeguarding Children Workshop
• Please note this position requires a successful DBS check.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.