Website Bolton Wanderers Football Club
Closing Date: Friday 31st January 2020
Position: Academy Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach (Full Time)
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Bolton Wanderers Academy for a Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach.
Reporting to the Head of Academy Sports Science, the purpose of the role is to ensure the optimum fitness potential of Academy players.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve the fitness of Academy players using safe and effective procedures that will help to prevent injury from occurring and improve performance.
- Responsible for the prescription and delivery of safe, effective exercise programmes for Academy players and monitor progress of these sessions.
- Organise and oversee Academy resistance training sessions, promoting small group work and additional sessions.
- Design and deliver effective warm up and conditioning protocols for specific training sessions and matches, incorporating specific fitness components for appropriate sessions.
- Responsible for monitoring of training and match intensities with regular feedback to coaching and medical staff.
- Assist the medical team in prescribing and delivering rehabilitation programmes for Academy players.
- Update the Academy’s PMA system with all relevant fitness training information.
- Report to the Academy Manager and relevant coaches as necessary with regards updates onplayer profiles.
- Liaise with Academy coaches to ensure appropriate fitness content is being filtered through to training sessions.
- Deliver the fitness test battery to Academy players including regular testing, analysis, presentation of results and follow up tests as required.
- Co-ordinate nutritional requirements including general dietary strategies, performance-related nutrition, and optimal fluid intake (including away trip preparations and other venues).
- Provide support and guidance to schoolboy sports science programme.
- Continual personal development training as required, including attending courses, seminars, conferences, workshops, and forums.
Qualifications & knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science
- BASES qualification, or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS) qualification or current EFAiF
- Hold or be working towards accreditation by the UK Strength and Conditioning Association (or equivalent workshops run by any equivalent body)
- IT skills to include high level of competence with Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Full clean driving licenceThis post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. The remuneration package includes a competitive salary dependant on experience.
To apply, please email email@example.com to request an application form.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.