Website Brentford Football Club
– Salary: “Dependant Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 07/04/2019
– Job Role: Brentford Football Club – B Team Head Coach
Brentford Football Club is a professional football club based in Brentford, in the London Borough of Hounslow, that currently plays in the English Football League Championship. Brentford Football Club was founded on 10 October 1889 and plays its home games at Griffin Park, its home stadium since 1904. Construction is underway for a new Brentford Community Stadium around a mile from Griffin Park.
Brentford’s most successful spell came during the 1930s, when it achieved consecutive top six finishes in the First Division. Since the Second World War, it has spent most of its time in the third and fourth tiers of English football. Brentford has been FA Cup quarter-finalists on four occasions, and has three times been Football League Trophy runners-up. The Club’s aim is to play at the top level of English football in the Premier League.
The Role of B Team Head Coach
The main responsibility of the B Team Head Coach is to manage the B Team coaching staff and players, plan and lead training and matches.
• Be the designated Leader of the B Team project and drive it forwards as a World Class development centre.
• Lead the B Team players as a manager, plan training, select the team.
• Manage the group of B Team Coaches, conduct periodic reviews and appraisals and set challenging objectives.
• Foster a strong team ethic between all B Team staff and be responsible for the highest standards of behaviour from all B Team players and staff.
• Act as a link between First Team and B Team, create strong relationships and communication with the First Team Head Coach, and promote the case for B Team players to be involved with First Team games and training. Constructively challenge the First Team Head Coach as needed.
• Act as a guardian for the B Team games programme to ensure that they stretch and develop the players, and isn’t a fitness exercise for the First Team.
• Take responsibility for leading any mixed First Team and B Team matches
arranged in particular during international breaks, and ensure that these games are distinct from the B Team games programme.
• Act as a front line media spokesman for the B Team and promote the project.
• Scout players as requested by the Head of Recruitment.
• Work with the Director(s) of Football to set the B Team strategy, attend all strategy meetings and provide updates as requested.
• Attend all relevant coaching and style of play meetings, contribute to the club style of play and ensure that club principles and training is consistent from first team to B team.
General Club Accountabilities
• To ensure compliance with all relevant Club policies, including health and safety policies.
• To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
• To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing Brentford Football Club.
• To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Club and its personnel.
• To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times.
The role will be located at The Training Ground, Jersey Road, Brentford, but it will involve a significant amount of travelling both domestically and internationally.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.