Website Brentford Football Club
– Salary: “Dependant Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 07/04/2019
– Job Role: Brentford Football Club – Individual Development Coach
Brentford Football Club is a professional football club based in Brentford, in the London Borough of Hounslow, that currently plays in the English Football League Championship. Brentford Football Club was founded on 10 October 1889 and plays its home games at Griffin Park, its home stadium since 1904. Construction is underway for a new Brentford Community Stadium around a mile from Griffin Park.
Brentford’s most successful spell came during the 1930s, when it achieved consecutive top six finishes in the First Division. Since the Second World War, it has spent most of its time in the third and fourth tiers of English football. Brentford has been FA Cup quarter-finalists
on four occasions, and has three times been Football League Trophy runners-up. The Club’s aim is to play at the top level of English football in the Premier League.
The Role of Individual Development Coach
The main responsibility of the Individual Development Coach is to accelerate the development of our top prospects.
• Creating and updating their IDPs.
• Ensuring that their IDP’s get executed with top quality.
• Clipping their games and giving them feedback in relation to their IDPs.
• Watching their games live as often as possible.
• Building close relationship to them to make sure they develop both as footballers and as human beings.
• Working with head of departments to ensure that each player’s priorities are aligned and that messages to the player are consistent.
• Having a weekly contact with the first team and B team coaching staff about each player’s development.
• Driving a culture where individual focus and (self) training is high priority.
• Attending and contributing to style of play meetings.
• Attend B-team tours abroad.
• Do certain scouting assignments for first team and/or B-team when needed.
• Collect footage of players working on IDPs to demonstrate improvement.
• Objectively demonstrate improvement in player development.
General Club Accountabilities
• To ensure compliance with all relevant Club policies, including health and safety policies.
• To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
• To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing Brentford Football Club.
• To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Club and its personnel.
• To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times.
The role will be located at The Training Ground, Jersey Road, Brentford, but it will involve
a significant amount of travelling both domestically and internationally.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.