Website Brentford Football Club
– Salary: “Dependant Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 1/04/2019
– Job Role: Casual Hours Multi Sport/Football Coach
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide sports coaching sessions to children and young people. The post holder needs to be flexible and may
work irregular hours (e.g. evenings & weekends) given the nature of the role
General Trust Accountabilities
• To ensure compliance with all relevant policies, including health and safety and safeguarding policies
• To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
• To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional
image at all times when representing Brentford FC Community Sports Trust
• To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Trust and its personnel
• To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
• Minimum Level 1 or above sports coaching qualification
• Safeguarding certificate
• Emergency Aid certificate
• Current DBS
• Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to establish and maintain good working relationships
• Experience in planning and delivering sports activities, in curriculum-based PE and after school club
• Experience in understanding and commitment to physical education, sport and long term athlete
• Ability to travel to variety of workplaces within West London utilising own transport
• Flexible to work outside normal office hours
• To deliver a variety of sports sessions professionally and with the flexibility to ensure all participants are
offered coaching at a level appropriate to their ability and support needs.
• Develop relationships with participants, teaching staff, support workers/carers, parents and other key
partners/stakeholders to ensure effective session delivery.
• Keep up to date monitoring including registers, VIEWS database, risk assessments and any relevant
• To access all Quality Assurance staff training offered by the Trust during the term of employment
• To ensure all equipment is available and well maintained.
• Provide feedback to teachers/coaches where appropriate
• Ensure they are aware of any medical issues concerning the participants.
• Actively promote relevant trust offers
• Contribute to the effective delivery of tournaments & events
• FA Level 2 Football qualification
• FA Youth Modules
• afPE Level 3 qualification
• Computer Literate (Microsoft Office) / IT skills
• Minimum 12 months’ experience in delivering coaching sessions within a school environment
• An understanding of the structure of School games
BFC CST Employment Conditions
The job holder will commit and conform to Brentford FC Community Sports Trust’s procedures & codes of conduct,
including our Child Protection Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety at work – reflecting the Trust’s
commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The job holder will have responsibility for
promoting: ethics, safeguarding and the welfare of children – the Trust expects all staff to share this commitment. The
job holder will be provided with a Contract of Employment (detailing all terms and conditions) and a Brentford FC
Community Sports Trust staff handbook.
This is a position of trust and involves regular and direct contact with children (under 18s), and is subject to CRB
Disclosure at Enhanced Level, satisfactory references and a three-month probationary period. There could potentially
be a delay in the start of the programme pending the completion of the DBS process. This job description gives a
general outline of the post and is not intended to be inflexible or a final list of duties. It may therefore be amended
from time-to-time in consultation with the post holder. Appointment is subject to the Terms and Conditions of service
of Brentford FC Community Sports Trust.
The post is under regular review and all changes
that occur in practice will be deemed to be incorporated into this job description whether or not a written change is
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.