Website Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club
– Salary: £28,000 per annum
– Closing Date: 02/08/2019
– Job Role : Dual Career Academy Head Coach
Hours: This is a full-time role. This role requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the post. Monday 9am – 5pm, Tuesday 1pm – 9pm, Wednesday 9am – 5pm, Thursday 9am – 5pm, Friday 1pm – 9pm and matchdays.
Location: The American Express Elite Football Performance Centre, Lancing. You will be expected to undertake travel as is necessary to fulfil the job requirements.
Benefits: Club Pension Scheme | Group Life Protection | Club discounts & offers
Roles and responsibilities:
1. To be the Head Coach for the Women’s and Girls’ Dual Career Academy.
2. To build a successful dual career academy squad who are capable of competing in FA Women’s Super DCA league whilst pursuing further/higher education.
3. To develop and deliver a coaching programme in line with the women’s and girls’ framework, supporting the wider programme.
4. To oversee the DCA coaching team ensuring that they are working collaboratively to meet club and team objectives.
5. To assist the Dual Career Academy Manager where necessary to ensure compliance within league, competition and licence rules & regulations.
6. To work with the Dual Career Academy Manager on all appropriate team administration.
7. To ensure the Dual Career Academy adheres to and excels all FA and WSL requirements.
8. To provide support in the transition of players between RTC and first team in conjunction with the relevant technical and administrative leads.
9. To monitor and evaluate the players performance.
10. To be an ambassador for the Club and the women’s game and must be committed to further enhance the excellent reputation that BHAFC Women’s and Girls’ programme has built over the years.
11. To demonstrate and uphold the values, ethos and standards Brighton and Hove Albion FC is known and respected for in football and the local community.
12. To work collaboratively with the Technical Director of the clubs FA Regional Talent Club (RTC) and Women’s First Team Manager to develop talented players to progress through the club’s high performance pathway.
13. To have a strong interest in supporting and assisting in the development of the FA Regional Talent Club (RTC) Tier 1 status and must be comfortable working across all age groups when appropriate.
14. To support the aims and objectives of the England International development pathway from youth teams to senior team. To maintain positive relations with key England international staff (Head Coach/Director of Elite Development/relevant age group coaches, Performance Management and support staff).
15. To adhere to a strict code of club conduct, social media policy and confidentiality protocols.
General duties and accountabilities
•To support Brighton & Hove Albion FC and AITC in their aims and objectives at all times.
•To ensure compliance with all relevant club policies, including health and safety policies.
•To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
•To keep confidential any information gained regarding the charity, club and its personnel.
•To represent Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club and AITC in a professional manner.
•To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times.
•To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time.
•To uphold and live our Team Brighton Values; Treat people well, Exceed Expectations, Aim high (never give up) and Make it special.
•To be a champion of equality and diversity in the workplace and treat all staff, customers, sponsors, clients and applicants with fairness, dignity and respect.
•To report incidents of any form of discrimination through the correct channels.
•To promote best practice in safeguarding and create an environment that is safe for children young people and vulnerable adults.
•To report safeguarding concerns through the correct channels.
•To ensure that any safeguarding training and certificates are kept up to date.
•This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of Brighton & Hove Albion FC.
Qualifications & Experience
•UEFA B Licence Coaching Award
•Valid FA Emergency Aid Certificate
•Membership of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
•Valid and accepted enhanced FA DBS CRC (Criminal Background Check) or be willing to undertake this check if successful
•Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a valid FA Safeguarding Children Workshop Certificate
•Experience of coaching in an elite women’s and girls’ environment
•Track record of demonstrating high performance achievement in a professional environment
•Experience in coaching female players
•Demonstrable passion for women’s and girls’ football and commitment to drive the club and players forward
•Understanding of the FA Women’s and Girls’ high performance player pathway
•An understanding and implications of Girls’ Long Term Player Development
•Experience of managing individuals and teams
•Flexible approach to working hours including working evenings and weekends
•Ability to produce high quality written documentation
•IT skills to include a high level of competence using Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint skills
•Knowledge and understanding of working with young players
•Ability to work in a team environment
•A dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic individual
•A strong motivator and role model
•Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
•Proactive attitude to learning and developing as a coach
•Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks
•A high level of confidentiality
•Ability to work calmly under pressure
•Ability to work unsupervised
•To promote Brighton And Hove Albion FC in a positive and professional manner both in and away from the club.
•FA Youth Awards – Module 1, 2 & 3
•An appreciation and experience of supporting other coaches
•Good overall level of numeracy and literacy
•An understanding of Talent Identification
•Applicants must provide an accurate account of their professional skills and experience in the form of a C.V, and proof of eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
•Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club and Albion in the Community are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club and Albion in the Community are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.