Website Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club
– Salary: “Dependent Upon Experience”
– Hours: 35 hours per week
– Closing Date: 18/10/2019
– Job Role : Football Academy Sports Scientist
Roles and responsibilities of the Football Academy Sports Scientist
• To support strength & conditioning coaches in their day to day duties
• To support the prescription and supervision of gym based work
• To assist with the collection of anthropometric and maturation data
• To assist with collecting and analysing training and physiological monitoring data
• To assist with the planning, execution and monitoring of our sports nutrition strategy
• To maintain accurate records and reports
• To assist with the physical preparation, development and conditioning of all U18 and U23 players and assisting with the development of performance strategies
• To assist with data collection and analysis for submission in peer reviewed journals.
• To flag any issues or concerns to the Head of Academy S&C
• To undertake sports science research projects throughout the season where required
• To undertake CPD organised by the club
• To undertake any other duties commensurate with the position
• To help colleagues during busy periods and maintaining good housekeeping
General duties and accountabilities
• To support Brighton & Hove Albion FC and AITC in their aims and objectives at all times
• To ensure compliance with all relevant club policies, including health and safety policies
• To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
• To keep confidential any information gained regarding the charity, club and its personnel
• To represent Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club and AITC in a professional manner
• To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
• To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
• To uphold and live our Team Brighton Values; Treat people well, Exceed Expectations, Aim high (never give up), Act with Integrity and Make it special.
• To be a champion of equality and diversity in the workplace and treat all staff, customers, sponsors, clients and applicants with fairness, dignity and respect
• To report incidents of any form of discrimination through the correct channels.
• To promote best practice in safeguarding and create an environment that is safe for children young people and vulnerable adults.
• To report safeguarding concerns through the correct channels
• To ensure that any safeguarding training and certificates are kept up to date.
Qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience
• Undergraduate degree in Strength and Conditioning
• MSc in Strength and Conditioning/Sport Science (Desirable)
• Valid and enhanced FA DBS CRC (or willingness to undertake this check is successful)
• UKSCA accreditation (Or workshop complete and accreditation pending)
• ISAK accreditation (Or workshop complete and accreditation pending)
• Experience in the use of Heart Rate/GPS team monitoring systems
• Experience of gym-based coaching and assessment of technique
• Knowledge and experience of skinfold measurements
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.