Website Bristol Rovers Football Club
– Salary: “Dependant Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 06/03/2019
– Job Role : Academy Goalkeeping Coach
To be part of the Academy coaching department responsible for the delivery of the Academy goalkeeping
coaching programme to maximize the opportunities for young players to reach their full potential in line with
the Academy vision and philosophy
Responsible for devising, implementing and continually improving the Goalkeeping technical coaching
syllabus in line with the Academy coaching/playing philosophy in liaison with Head of Academy
Coaching and Academy Manager.
• To be lead coach for the delivery of goalkeeping sessions across selected phases
• To continually assess and evaluate player progression for goalkeepers across selected age groups and
ensure creation of Individual Development Plans for all goalkeepers within the Academy.
• Attend at least two parents evening session per season for each individual player in their squad.
• To oversee development reviews every 6 weeks and with support of the Lead Phase Age Group
Coaches oversee delivery of feedback to players and parents both formally in meetings, and informally
• To assess trialists at both training and games and feedback to the Lead Phase Coach / Head of Academy
• To ensure that the PMA / club documentation system is kept up-to-date in all matters relating to your
• To work with Head of Coaching in the completion of a personal Coach Development Plan in line with
the BRFC Coach Competency Framework
• To work with the Head of Coaching to support in service days as instructed by Academy Manager/Head
of Academy Coaching.
• Ad hoc duties as required by management
• To abide by all club policies including (but not exclusive to) Safeguarding, Equality and Health & Safety
• UEFA B GK Licence
• UEFA B Licence
• FA Youth Award
• Valid FA Licenced Coaches Club membership
• Experience of coaching within the relevant age
groups (preferably in an Academy/Player
• Computer skills (in particular Word/ Excel/
• High levels of communication skills, both orally
• Personable and enthusiastic with a strong work
• Sensitive to the needs of young players and
• Willingness to work weekends and evenings.
• Desire to be an ambassador for BRFC in public
• CRB check undertaken
• Knowledge of the PMA system.
• Knowledge and understanding of the EPPP process
Bristol Rovers FC are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff
and volunteers to endorse this commitment. This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may
include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974).
Therefore all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should
be declared”. Relevant information and / or documents will be distributed as part of the recruitment process.
The employee must at all time carry out their duties with due regard to the Bristol Rovers FC policies and
procedures. The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others
fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any
description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.