Website Burnley Football Club
– Salary: Under 18-year-old £4.45 per hour + holiday pay
18 to 20-year-old £6.25 per hour + holiday pay
21 to 25-year-old £7.80 per hour + holiday pay
25-year-old and over £8.31 per hour + holiday pay
Plus £20 and 3 x meals per day for residential stays
– Hours: 7 hours per day or less
– Closing Date: 12/04/2019
– Job Role: National Citizen Service (NCS) – Team Leader Assistant
Role and Responsibilities
• Assist the Team Leader in being responsible for a team of up to 15 young people; providing supervision, motivation and
• Lead by example and get involved with most if not all activities whilst keeping the group motivated.
• Assist the NCS Officer/Wave Leader(s) / Team Leaders in the delivery of a variety of daytime and evening activities.
• Ensure that every young person in your team is enjoying themselves whilst asserting appropriate boundaries to maintain
respect and safety.
• Ensure that the NCS Officer/ Wave Leader(s) is aware of any safeguarding concerns.
• If an issue arises overnight, provide the NCS Officer/ Wave Leader(s) with any unforeseen, yet necessary support.
• To deal with and manage any difficult, challenging or concerning behaviour, with the support of the NCS Officer/ Wave
Leader(s) / Team Leader.
• Provide the young people with supervision and support at all times throughout their required 30 hours of social action
planning and 24 hours of social action delivery.
• Support the work of the staff based at the residential centres and any external guests who deliver on the NCS programme.
• Assist the Team Leader in the delivery of guided group and individual reflection sessions with the intention of this
reflection becoming more youth led as the young people progress on their NCS journey.
• RepresentBurnley FC in the Communityinaprofessional manner.
• To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
• Comply with all Charity policies.
• Promote the NCS and Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a strong and positive manner.
• Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote
• A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity
• Some knowledge and understanding of the NCS programme.
• Experience working with young people aged 15-19.
• Experience working in a community or educational environment.
• Knowledge of any barriers the young people may face and an understanding of how to address them where appropriate.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.