Website Cardiff City Football Club
– Salary: £17,062.50 – £21,000
– Hours: 7.5 hours per week
– Closing Date: 21/06/2019
– Job Role : Health & Wellbeing Coach
Cardiff City FC Community Foundation is the official charity of Cardiff City Football Club. We use the unique appeal of Cardiff City FC to improve lives.
Our goal is to support children, young people and families in South Wales to achieve their full potential. We do that by creating opportunities for people to lead healthier more active lives,
improving education and employment opportunities and reducing offending and reoffending.
The Foundation is seeking to appoint a Health & Wellbeing Coach as part of our Bluebird’s Healthy Hearts project that is funded thanks to a Heart Research UK and Subway Healthy Hearts Grant.
The purpose of this role is to provide weekly football and fitness related activities for men over the age of 18 who have a waistline above 94cm and a BMI above 25, supporting them to achieve good heart health and ultimately going on to lead healthier more active lives.
This post offers an opportunity to be part of an award winning charity that uses sport as a tool for social good. The successful candidate will be a passionate and committed individual with the ability to motivate others, with experience of working in a community sport or community
health and/or education setting.
The purpose of this role is to work with men aged 18 and over with a waistline above 94cm and a BMI above 25, supporting them to increase physical activity and bring about the many benefits associated with good heart health.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1. To be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the Bluebird’s Healthy Hearts Project.
2. To create sustainable sport-participation and physical activity opportunities in the community for participants post project, including referrals onto other suitable projects or community activities.
3. To develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the health sector who will add value or refer to our work.
4. To regularly attend stakeholder events, meetings and other calendar events that will contribute towards the successful delivery of the project.
5. To maintain current data and records for course participants in line with the expectations of the funding provider and in line with GDPR.
6. To obtain regular quality assurance and participant physical activity and lifestyle questionnaire data to better understand the impact of the project.
7. To monitor and evaluate the project in line with the Foundation’s impact reporting framework and expectations set by the funding providers.
8. To work with the Foundation’s Sport & Health Coordinator to celebrate success and showcase the impact of our work and achievements of our beneficiaries.
9. To work with the Sport & Health Coordinator to identify further external funding opportunities and liaise with partners as appropriate.
1. To meet all deadlines agreed with line manager, key partners and funders.
2. To champion the highest standards of health and safety and safeguarding.
3. To effectively manage and develop strong positive relationships with beneficiaries, key partners and stakeholders.
4. To undertake any relevant training as agreed by line-manager or in line with expectations of the project funder.
5. To attend and participate in meetings with Foundation staff,
funding providers and any other meetings as appropriate.
6. To exhibit and promote company values & behaviours.
7. Promote and celebrate equality, diversity & inclusion.
8. To carry any additional work and duties as required that meet the
needs of the business.
Internal: All Foundation Staff and Trustees
External: Heart Research UK; Subway; Cardiff City Football Club; Cardiff & Vale Health Board;
Public Health Wales; Local GP Surgeries and any other external stakeholders that support and benefit the work of the Foundation.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.