Website Carlisle United Football Club
– Salary: “Dependant Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 08/03/2019
– Job Role : Youth Development Phase Coach
Carlisle United Football Club are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated
and committed qualified coach to work in the Academy on a part-time basis. The role
will include working in the evenings and at weekends.
Academy Manager / Lead Youth Development Phase Coach
Tuesday & Thursday for 1.5/2 hours between 5.00 & 8.00pm, Saturday 1.5/2 hours
between 11.00am & 1.00pm (depending on age group) and Academy games on
Sunday mornings (Home & Away)
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
– Planning, delivering, evaluating and recording coaching sessions
– Developing Academy players in line with the Carlisle United Playing Philosophy.
– Delivering age appropriate coaching sessions to meet the needs of the players in
line with the Carlisle United Coaching Philosophy.
– Monitoring individual and team performance within training and games
– Conduct 6 week, Half-Season and Full Season reviews.
The successful applicants will need:
– UEFA B Coaching Qualification (or currently enrolled on a UEFA B course)
– FA Current FA CRB check, FA Emergency Aid (or BFAS)
– Safeguarding Children and FA Licensed Coaches Club membership (or renewable
Knowledge and Experience:
– Background within football
– Knowledge of Elite Football Development and session planning
– Knowledge of the Elite Player Performance Plan
– Experience of Coaching in an Academy/Centre of Excellence/Elite Player
– Preferable knowledge and experience of Age Specific Characteristics
– A desire to work with elite young players
– Committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated, showing a passion for developing
players and themselves
– Ability to work as part of a team
– A positive and professional attitude and the ability to work with a range of
– Computer literate
– Valid Driving Licence
This role involves work with young people and will be subject to Enhanced Criminal
Records Bureau (CRB) checks. Clearance through The FA CRB system is required.
As such this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the
applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions at the
time of application.
Carlisle United is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from
all sectors of the community
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.