Website Northampton Town Football Club
Job Title: Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine
Location: Moulton College/PTS Academy Stadium
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Hours of work: Full time
Closing Date: 11 December 2019
Northampton Town FC are seeking a Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine who will be reponsibile for the proviions of Sports Sicence and Medicine for all Academy players from U9-U18’s.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- To lead the delivery of the Sports Science & Medicine Programme for all academy age groups from U9-U18.
- To Lead Full Time Sports Scientist as required.
- To ensure that appropriate and comprehensive medical notes are completed
- To ensure that coaching staff are made aware of all injuries sustained by players and the progress of such players at appropriate stages.
- To contribute towards the achievement of department KPI’s
- Responsible for ensuring the medical department is meeting EFL rules and mandatory requirements.
- To liaise on a regular basis with the first team medical staff to link academy players into the first team environment. To support the first team medical staff if needed and to support and manage the transition with the first and second-year professionals.
To also be responsible to:
- The Academy Manager on medical matters affecting Academy players
- The Academy Coaches in relation to players, their injury status and prevention of injury strategies
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
- FA Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMIF) (Level 4) qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role within an elite pediatric sporting environment
- Be able to communicate to the highest level
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, reliability and the ability to ensure confidentiality at all time
- Friendly, well organized with the ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure
- Possess strong time management skills and have a flexible approach to work
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Completed FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
- Experience of using PMA system
- Knowledge of EPPP in relation to a Category 3 academy
- Additional requirements that would be ideal but not a requirement for shortlisting. For example:
- Therapist experience within a football environment
- Hold a full driving license
Northampton Town FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check and the receipt of satisfactory references are a requirement of the role.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and checks against the Barred Lists and is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Northampton Town FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
- Closing Date: 11 December 2019
- Interviews: Will be arranged upon receipt of applications
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.