Website Lincoln City Football Club
– Salary: “Dependent Upon Experience”
– Hours: 40 hours per week
– Closing Date: 13/05/2019
– Job Role : Head of Finance and Accounts
Contract type Permanent
Hours 40 hours per week
The candidate will be required to have a flexible approach to working hours, including
match days, events, evenings, weekends and such hours as necessary
Responsible for Accounts Assistant
Responsible to Chief Executive
Location Sincil Bank, Lincoln LN5 8LD
Regular working hours Office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm. The post hold is to expect regular weekends & unsocial hours as part of an irregular working pattern.
Annual leave is strictly restricted within key days, including but not exclusive to, transfer window(s), pre-season recruitment periods & fiscal year end.
Purpose of the post:
The main purpose of this role is to lead the finance function by developing and maintaining organisational budgets,
producing monthly management accounts and information and to close the accounts at the end of the fiscal year.
This role will also provide advice to the Chief Executive and department managers/budget holders to assist with procurement and productivity.
The post holder will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will work closely with external advisors who support the finance team, management team and board. The post holder will also communicate relevant financial
information to various teams including the Executive Committee (Exco) and main Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out duties in accordance with all relevant company policies, including, but not exclusive to, the Health
and Safety at Work Act, Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy, Diversity & Equality Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy, Financial Regulations Policy & Social Media Policy
• To design and implement sound financial management control across the Club, ensuring that budgetary controls, policies and procedures are in place
• To take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the accounting and control information held in and reported from the organisation’s accounting systems
• To continuously review of financial, control and management information systems and procedures, implementing improvements across the organisation in consultation with the Chief Executive and Board of Directors
• To produce and adopt full ownership of multi-year business plans, investment appraisals and cash flow forecasts
• To provide suitable weekly, monthly & annual reports to The Board of Directors, Chief Executive & Budget Holders
• To provide suitable weekly, monthly & annual reports to EFL (English Football League) including but not exclusive to gate returns & Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP)
• To produce and analyse complex management accounting information and advice Senior Management Team/Budget Holders on required actions
• To ensure full compliance with the statutory obligations and financial regulations are met (i.e. VAT, PAYE, NI and Pensions)
• To address issues raised by external and internal audit functions
• To ensure key financial risks and opportunities are identified and addressed
• To hold operational line management of the Accounts Assistant
• To be a named signatory and act as the primary point of contact between the Club and the bank(s)
• To oversee and manage the payroll function (currently subcontracted)
• To ensure compliance with Data Protection and confidentiality matters for financial information
• Act always with utmost good faith to the Club, Foundation and the Company
• Devote full attention and ability to fulfilment of the duties required by the role
• Other duties as reasonably requested by a member of the senior management staff.
• To work closely with partnership organisations, to maintain good relationships and collaborative working practices
• To work with colleagues throughout Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation to extend knowledge and skills in order to identify and develop best practice
• Deal with enquiries and general day-to-day liaison with customers, colleagues and partners
• Carry out general office duties including data recording, filing, photocopying, sending and receiving emails
• Active participation on continuing professional development and the appraisal process
• To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
• To maintain the quality of service provision, regularly evaluating work and seeking to make improvements
• Present a professional image when dealing with both internal and external contacts and partners, acting in a professional manner always
• To cover as and when required at other departments within Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation
• To safeguard and promote the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk
• To be vigilant and support all safety and security operations
• To recognise commercial opportunities across all products within Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation
• Promote the brand identity and increase Lincoln City fanbase throughout
• To support the Lincoln City Football Club green energy saving strategy and meet all requirements including but not exclusive to recycling, waste reduction, energy efficiency
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling within the scope of the post, as requested by the Chief Executive Important information
The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.
Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.