Website Manchester City Football Club
– Salary: “Dependent Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 18/10/2019
– Job Role : Lead Youth Development Phase Sport Science / Strength & Conditioning Coach (U16/15s)
To lead, manage & develop sport science and strength and conditioning strategies at the Youth Development Phase U12-16s age groups.
• The Lead YDP Sports Scientist/Strength & Conditioning Football Coach will be responsible for the physical development of academy footballers within the Youth Development Phase in accordance with the physical philosophy of the Academy.
• Plan, deliver and evaluate physical development sessions for the U15-16s age group (YDP) designed to enhance the athletic football abilities of the young players.
• Assist with the monitoring and assessment of young player’s physical development. This will include the management of data collection, analysis, reporting and providing effective feedback to coaches, parents and players.
• Work with an interdisciplinary approach, maintaining strong professional relationships with performance, medical, coaching and operational staff.
• Assist with the the practical implementation of appropriate nutrition and hydration strategies for young players.
• Uphold continual professional development, leading and contributing to age and sport specific research.
• Contribute to the development of scientifically underpinned protocols for all aspects of sport science / strength and conditioning.
• Work closely with coaches to ensure the physical development requirements are optimised through the football curriculum.
• Contribute the regular multi-disciplinary review of each players development/progress.
• Contribute to a high performance environment for young athletes.
Compliance with Club policies
Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
To maintain professional conduct at all times
This role involves working with children and/or vulnerable adults in a Regulated. This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people
Sports Science (Academy)
• Growth & Maturation
• Sport specific physical demands
• Adolescent physical/athletic development
• Contemporary issues surrounding young people
SPECIFIC / TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Individual & Group Based Coaching
• GPS Monitoring / Anthropometric Measurement / Functional Assessment
• A strong ability to educate players and support coaches with a variety of practical and theoretical methods.
• Innovative thinker.
• Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite software.
GENERAL WORK BASED SKILLS
• Effective communicator with colleagues, players and parents in both groups and 1 to 1.
• Challenge staff performance, standards, values & behaviours according to the Academy Code of Conduct.
• Be able to work to tight deadlines & be flexible in the expected working pattern.
• The ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
• Develop networks, create and maintain effective working relationships.
• Have facilitation skills, including the ability to manage and resolve tensions, disputes and conflicts.
• Establish relationships and influence key stakeholder groups.
• Managing change and embedding new ways of working.
• Delegation and holding others to account.
• A great ability to reflect on current working practice & change when indicated.
• Be able to demonstrate passion & enthusiasm for your work but maintain a high degree of humility in its delivery & when dealing with others.
• Demonstrate a desire to improve at all times.
• Delivery of sports science support within elite team sports environment (Football desirable)
• Prior responsibility of physical development and coaching experience with youth athletes.
• Significant experience of employing underpinning research to monitor/track, evaluate and develop athletic performance.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• Post Graduate Qualification in Sports Science / Strength & Conditioning / Equivalent
• UK Strength & Conditioning Association (UKSCA) Accredited Coach.
• British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES) Accredited (or currently engaged in the accreditation process)
• Current FA Safeguarding Certification
• Current Emergency First Aid Certification
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.