Website Manchester City Football Club
– Salary: “Dependent Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 18/10/2019
– Job Role : Football Academy Physiotherapist (U9-U23/EDS)
The role holder will play a pivotal role in contributing toward the aims and objectives of the medical and sports science department in the Academy through the delivery of best practice physiotherapy in all phases.
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes:
1 To assist in the development of evidence-based protocols for all areas of physiotherapy within the academy particularly focusing on growth related complaints, using all available resources including the latest research and collaboration with clinic specialists.
2 Be actively involved in an interdisciplinary approach of working within the department that includes close links to all areas of the club and particularly close communication with coaching staff and parents.
3 To observe, monitor the ever evolving world of Sports Medicine; keeping up to date with all current research development and changes in professional regulations particularly in relation to paediatric and adolescent development
4 To maintain detailed records for all activities in the department in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures
5• To be flexible in delivering care to all academy teams when required and assist when the Head of Physiotherapy requires which may include evening and weekend working both home and away fixtures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Excellent understanding of the principles and delivery of injury revention programmes and protocols with extensive knowledge of paediatric and adolescent related growth and injuries BSc(Hons) Physiotherapy or equivalent
• HPC Registered
• Member of the CSP
• Evidence of CPD portfolio – including post graduate qualifications showing a range of clinical skills, e.g. Manipulative Therapy, Movement Dysfunction Assessment, Soft Tissue Mobilisation/Manipulation, Acute Injury Management, Growth related injury management
• MSc in relevant area
• Line Management responsibilities
• Experience working in a football Academy working in a interdisciplinary
sports science and medicine team
• Ability to work in a fast moving environment, managing change and
embedding new ways of working
• Ability to follow through actions and direction as directed by the head of
Physiotherapy and Performance
• Set and maintain high standards of work performance and deliver quality
consistently and efficiently
• Possessing communication skills that are clear, engaging and responsive
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.