Website Manchester City Football Club
– Salary: “Dependant Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 10/05/2019
– Job Role: Academy Physiotherapist (U9-U16 Foundation Phase/Youth Development Phase)
Role: Academy Physiotherapist (U9-U16 Foundation Phase/Youth Development Phase)
Business Function: Manchester City Academy
Reports to: Head of Physiotherapy, Academy
Department: Manchester City Academy Support
Purpose: Brief summary outlining purpose, scope and complexity of the role.
The role holder will play a pivotal role in contributing toward the aims and objectives of the medical and sports science department in the Academy through the delivery of best practice physiotherapy in the Foundation Phase and Youth Development Phase.
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes: Describe essential accountabilities the job performs and key outcomes. Accountabilities should be listed (max of 8) in order of importance.
1 To assist in the development of evidence based protocols for all areas of physiotherapy within the academy particularly focusing on growth related complaints, using all available resources including the latest research and collaboration with clinic specialists.
2 Be actively involved in an interdisciplinary approach of working within the department that includes close links to all areas of the club and particularly close communication with coaching staff and parents.
3 To manage a group of approximately 12 part time members of staff and assisting the academy doctor, and other physiotherapists with delivering a CPD curriculum to those on the part time rota.
4 To observe, monitor the ever evolving world of Sports Medicine; keeping up to date with all current research development and changes in professional regulations particularly in relation to paediatric and adolescent development
5 To maintain detailed records for all activities in the department in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures
6. To be flexible in delivering care to all academy teams when required and assist when the Head of Physiotherapy requires which may include evening and weekend working both home and away fixtures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience: Please give details of the knowledge, education, formal qualifications, specialised training or experience required for the job. Indicate whether requirement is essential or desirable.
• Excellent understanding of the principles and delivery of injury prevention programmes and protocols with extensive knowledge of paediatric and adolescent related growth and injuries BSc(Hons) Physiotherapy or equivalent
• HPC Registered
• Member of the CSP
• Evidence of CPD portfolio – including post graduate qualifications showing a range of clinical skills, e.g. Manipulative Therapy, Movement Dysfunction Assessment, Soft Tissue Mobilisation/Manipulation, Acute Injury Management, Growth related injury management
• MSc in relevant area
• Line Management responsibilities
• Experience working in a football Academy working in a interdisciplinary sports science and medicine team
• Ability to work in a fast moving environment, managing change and embedding new ways of working
• Ability to follow through actions and direction as directed by the head of Physiotherapy and Performance
• Set and maintain high standards of work performance and deliver quality consistently and efficiently
• Possessing communication skills that are clear, engaging and responsive
Job Impact/Influence Measures: Show data in approximate or in a range which job has impact on. Please state if the impact is direct or indirect. Think about financial elements e.g. budget, scale of role e.g. people management, network reach, sales impact etc.
The role holder will be responsible for managing a team of part time staff members
Decision-making Authority: Indicate what decisions the job is expected to make and what it is expected to recommend.
The role holder will be responsible for assessing, diagnosing and recommending appropriate rehabilitation plans for all injuries
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.