Website Milton Keynes Football Club
– Salary: £5,241.60 per annum
– Hours: 12 hours per week
– Closing Date: 31/07/2019
– Job Role : Academy Youth Development Phase Head Coach
Overall Objective: To manage and Coach an Academy Schoolboy age group in the Youth Development Phase (U13-16)
• To plan, prepare and lead the delivery of coaching sessions as per the Academy Schoolboy Coaching Development programme and philosophy.
• To manage and liaise with the Lead Youth Development Phase Schoolboy’s Parents/Guardians in regards to player’s progress at the Academy.
• To manage and lead an Academy age group in the scheduled games programme.
• Lead the coaching of Academy players as scheduled by the Lead Phase Coaches.
• Manage all administration requirements for the respective age group including PMA & Reviews
• Comply with all company policies/procedures and regulations relating to your role in the Academy.
• Keep Performance Management Application (PMA) up to date with all relevant data.
• To manage the progression of 75% of the age group in line with the Development Plan up to the next age group.
• Design training sessions tailored to individuals’ objective, performance and progress, supported with a summary evaluation of the training session.
• Being accountable and responsible for own CPD
• To improve skills and gain further knowledge through In-Service training for Academy Coaches.
• To maximise attendance at all relevant Academy Coach Meetings (Phase/Academy & CPD events) with the aim to contribute towards the Academy’s goals and objectives.
• To manage and maintain Academy equipment/resources.
• To build your own coaches ‘log book’ to include sessions and reflections.
Summary of Duties:
• To communicate in weekly meeting with the Youth Development Lead Phase Coach on all relevant matters and/or on a needs basis. To inform and provide weekly reports on matches and individual player’s
progress/performance to the Lead Phase Coach.
• To manage and embed the Football Philosophy through diligent monitoring of the ‘Playing Principles’ of the Academy/Club.
Essential skills and qualifications:
• Basic level of IT skills
• A good competence of communication and interpersonal skills
• Have a flexible attitude to work
• Possess the ability to work on own their initiative and as part of a team
• Has the ability to remain polite and courteous in difficult meetings with parent and players.
• Can demonstrate good planning, preparation and good management skills
• Is competent to work at a level to meet stringent deadlines
• Be versatile enough to adapt to different and changing situations
• Possess the drive and motivation to set high standards and achieve company objectives
• Have a personable approach
• Ability to liaise with footballers, coaches, management and other football related individuals in a professional manner
• Flexible and happy to work evenings and weekends.
• Previous academy coaching experience
• Holds the following qualifications:
UEFA ‘B’ Coaching Certificate
FA Learning Safeguarding Children Certificate
FA Emergency Aid Certificate
FA Youth Modules 1-3
Desirable skills and qualifications:
• Have a full driving licence including Mini-Bus Licence
• Functional Skills (Process Management)
• Personal Attributes (Confidence & Commitment)
• Personal Attributes (Resilience)
• Delivery At Pace (Planning & Prioritisation)
• Delivery At Prioritisation (Challenging the Status Quo)
• Thinking (Big Picture Thinking)
• Thinking (Entrepreneurship)
• Functional Skills (Communication)
• Functional Skills (Functional Skills)
• Personal Attributes (Self Development)
• Personal Attributes (Respect for Others)
• Delivery At Pace (Passion for Customers)
• Delivery At Pace (Drive for Player Development)
• Personal Attributes (Integrity & Trust)
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.