Website Northampton Town Football Club
– Salary: “Dependent Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 30/04/2019
– Job Role: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COACH
An exciting new opportunity has arisen at Northampton Town Football Club for an experienced coach to become the club’s new Professional Development Coach.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who will form an integral part of our coaching team. The role of Professional Development Phase Coach reports to both the Academy Manager and the First Team Manager and will focus on the integration of young professionals into the first team and the development of these players.
Key Duties include:
• Supporting the development of players through the Professional Development Phase into the first team environment.
• Assisting the coaching requirements of the first team squad as required by the first team manager.
• Providing additional support to the development of our group of young professionals via additional sessions, sourcing and monitoring loan opportunities and formally reviewing individual player progress against the players individual learning plans.
Key Skills and Experience Required: ESSENTIAL
• UEFA A Licence
• Hold a full clean driving licence
• Have a thorough understanding of Safeguarding and have an up to date FA Safeguarding Certificate
• An FA Enhanced CRC dated within 3 years
• EFAIF First Aid qualification
• Experience of coaching and leading sessions in a professional environment
• Experience of providing effective feedback
• To be an excellent role model for participants, enthusing and motivating them in a confident manner
• FA Coaching Licence
• Experience of managing people and leading a team
• Ability to work consistently within a clearly defined culture and maintaining the expected high standards
Key Skills and Experience Required: DESIRABLE
• FA Advanced Youth Award (17-21)
• FA Youth Award Module 1
• FA Youth Award Module 2
• FA Youth Award Module 3
• FA Youth Award – Assessed
• Experience of coaching in a first team environment
• A record of success in the development of young players (U17-21)
• An understanding of learning
Northampton Town promote inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA A or UEFA B Licence.
If you consider your ethnicity to fall within one of the following definitions – Black, Asian or other Minority Ethnic (i.e. from any other ethnic group that is not ‘White British’) – please inform us within your application.
Closing Date: Tuesday 30th April 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 6th May 2019
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.