Website Nottingham Forest Football Club
– Salary: “Dependant Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 06/03/2019
– Job Role: ACADEMY GOALKEEPING COACH
We are seeking a qualified Goalkeeping Coach to undertake the technical development of the
Academy goalkeeping players at Nottingham Forest Football Club (“the Club”), in the Foundation
Phase (9-11) and Youth Development Phase (12-16) with occasional support to the Professional
Development Phase, as well as assisting with their physical, mental, social and where necessary,
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Deliver training to ensure the development of all Academy goalkeepers and coaching to
develop players of elite quality to the standards required.
• Ensure all Academy goalkeepers are fully prepared for games and have a comprehensive
development programme, including liaising with the Analysis and Strength & Conditioning
• Monitor goalkeeping coaching and promote good practice across all phases.
• Create a positive environment for player development; display high standards of behaviour
and appearance and encourage the same from all coaches and players.
• Ensure timely and accurate updating of player information on the Academy player
management system (PMA).
• Manage and work with Head of Academy Goalkeeping to plan, deliver and evaluate coaching
sessions in line with the Academy’s philosophy, goalkeeping coaching plan and coach
• Liaise with the Head of Academy Recruitment and other key staff to identify and recruit
goalkeepers across all age groups.
• Undertake continued professional development organised by the Academy and in line with
• Attend and report at parents’ evenings and phase meetings.
You will have the following:
• UEFA ‘B’ GK Licence Minimum
• FA Youth Award Level 3
• Demonstrable experience working in Academy Football.
• Focus on individual player development within a team process
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to work with members of staff across departments
and senior staff.
• Ability to work under pressure and willing to work unsociable hours to meet deadlines.
• Organised, methodical and logical approach to work.
• High level IT and presentation skills, in building and delivering relevant information.
• BFAS first aid award
• Enhanced DBS Check
21 February 2019
NOTTINGHAM FOREST FOOTBALL CLUB
In addition, the following is desirable:
• UEFA GK A Licence (or be working towards)
• Previous professional playing experience.
• This post involves work with children and requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service
Criminal Records Check (CRC). Postholders will be asked about any previous convictions,
cautions, reprimands or final warnings that are not “protected” as defined by
the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
• You will be required to work evenings and weekends so a flexible approach to days and hours
of work is required. Some travel to away games will also be required.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.