Website Charlton Athletic Football Club
Pitch Side Therapist
Location: Sparrows Lane Training Ground, South East London or as required
Salary: £8 .50per hour
Hours: P/T (Academy Matchdays)
Closing date: 9 December 2019
Charlton Athletics’ Youth Academy is one of the most successful football academies in the country – there’s a unique opportunity to be a part of this great organisation. Interested? Read on…
Successful applicants will have an excellent opportunity to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team in an elite youth football environment alongside coaches, analysts, physiotherapists, sports scientists and strength & conditioning coaches. Therapists will be provided with club kit and medical supplies.
Candidates will be required to participate in a flexible rota which aims to cover matchdays home/away and national/international tournaments.
- Provide pitch side first aid support including assessment and treatment of academy players during matches;
•Complete accurate and timely documentation for any injuries sustained onto the online notes system;
•Communicate effectively with coaching, management, medical and sport science staff regarding player fitness and availability;
•Act in a professional manor whilst representing Charlton Athletic FC;
•Understand and implement the clubs emergency medical procedures during a match;
•Report to the physiotherapy team after every match;
•Attend regular CPD events throughout the season;
•Any other duties appropriate to the skills and experience of the position holder.
- Currently studying towards or successfully completed a BSc degree in Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy (E);
•Registration with appropriate governing body(E);
•Hold the minimum of a basic first aid qualification (BAFS) (E);
•Demonstrate an understanding of paediatric sports injuries and acute injury management (E);
•Attend a child protection/safeguarding workshop and undergo an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services check) (E);
•Hold a valid driving licence and be able to travel independently as required (D);
•Ideally working towards IFAS/AREA (D);
•Have previous pitch side first aid experience within sport (D);
- These are part time roles that include work on weekends and evenings;
• Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK;
• Charlton Athletic FC is committed to following relevant health & safety regulations and all members of staff are expected to be fully aware and adhere to, at all times, the Club’s H&S and fire safety procedures;
• Charlton Athletic Football Club are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment;
• CAFC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
• Any personal data that you provide to Charlton Athletic Football Club Ltd (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment. We will keep your personal information for 6 months after which we will erase it. You can always choose to have your data erased earlier by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to hear from you if you believe you can meet the challenges of working within an elite sporting environment.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.