Website Queens Park Rangers Football Club
– Salary: £23K per annum depending on qualifications and experience
– Closing Date: 28/03/2019
– Job Role: Youth & Communities Multi-Sports Officer
QPR in the Community Trust is an independent charity aligned to Queens Park Rangers Football Club.
Harnessing the passion of the Club and its fans we aim to inspire, support and deliver positive change and
equality of opportunity for young people and adults from our local community.
The main focus of the role is to plan and deliver a coordinated community multi-sports programme based
on young people’s interests and abilities, with the aim of improving their sport skills, confidence and selfesteem while focusing on a broad range of sports linking into Youth and Communities wider work and
Multi Sports Kicks delivery plan.
Reporting to the Youth & Communities Manager, the main objectives of the Youth & Communities MultiSports Officer role is to support the Youth & Communities Department in achieving its targets.
• Oversee the design and delivery of YAC community sports
• Assist with Kicks sessions –including prison work and therapeutic interventions
• Drive competitive opportunities for Kicks participants in any capacity
• Support clients to improve their life experiences
• Develop and grow our offer in focus areas
• Ensure monitoring and evaluation data on VIEWS & Referral log is current and comprehensive.
• Ability to develop effective professional relationships with colleagues, school staff, stakeholders,
partners and pupils
• Effective communication skills for all targeted audiences
• Time management and administration skills
• Able to use a variety of delivery styles to engage and motivate individuals
• Ability to deliver KPIs against a project plan on time and within budget
• Must be physically fit and able to work in the external environment (heat/cold)
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (outlook, word, excel)
• Driving licence
• Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS)
• Safeguarding Children certificate
• Minimum of level 2 in one of the targeted sports
• Minimum FA Level 2 Coaching Certificate
• First Aid certificate
• Recognised Youth Work qualification
Knowledge & Experience
• Working / coaching within community sports setting in a lead role (Essential)
• Track record of developing and or assisting strong community relationships (Essential)
• Delivering community-based session to differing sized audiences (Desirable)
• Supporting socially excluded young people (Essential)
• Evaluating the impact of sessions (Essential)
• Experience of delivering coaching session within an academy or high-performance environment
• Experience of monitoring and evaluation for projects and knowledge of differing tools. (Essential)
• Experience of partnership working and understanding of best practise (Essential)
• Knowledge of local issues and barriers impacting upon young people living in London (Essential)
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS).
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.