Website Reading Football Club
– Salary: “Dependent Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 18/03/2019
– Job Role: Academy Coach – U23 Assistant Coach
Reading Football Club
Hogwood Park Training Ground, Madejski Academy Training
Full Time, Permanent
Competitive, dependent on experience
Hours of work:
37 ½ hrs per week on a flexible basis to include evening and
Professional Development Phase Lead Coach
To support the football and holistic development of the players within the U23 age group as an
assistant to the U23 Manager
To be responsible for the planning and implementing of individual Learning Plans of players
within the U23 age group.
• To follow and implement the Academy philosophy whilst contributing to its evolution.
• To ensure a thorough working knowledge of the content and functions of the Academy
• To work as part of a multidisciplinary support team involving, but not restricted to,
performance analysts, sports scientists, physiotherapists, psychologists, operational
and administrative staff.
• To ensure player welfare is always the primary consideration in all player activities.
• To arrive to the relevant facility at least 30 minutes prior to training sessions and at
least 90 minutes before home games or 60 minutes before away games (based on kick
• To attend all staff meetings (unless exceptional circumstances apply).
• To support the daily, weekly and cyclical transport requirements of the Professional
• To support the lead U23s coach and maintain a current and up to date status with all
work and communication involving the performance management application (including
coaching sessions, game details and all aspects of the individual learning plans (ILP’s)
• To debrief 1 to 1 with U23 players on game performance weekly
• To work on individual technical aspects with U23 players
• To observe U17/18 games where possible to identify potential U23 players
• To be responsible for age group equipment, ensuring it is fit for use at all times and
• To take an active role in the induction process for trialists, providing a positive
reflection of the Academy philosophy to all parties involved (e.g. player, parents)
• To ensure a 3 x 7’s report is completed for each trialist for each game and submitted to
the Academy recruitment department.
• To adhere to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to
Reading Football Club and its operation
• To be presentable at all times when working and demonstrate that you can represent
the face of the club in the manner expected
• To maintain Reading Football Club’s Safeguarding (Child Protection), Health, Safety and
Equal Opportunity procedures and practice
• To act in a manner that supports the Club’s Vision and Values at all times
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.