Website Reading Football Club
– Salary: “Dependent Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 28/03/2019
– Job Role: Academy Coach x4
Reading Football Club
Hogwood Park Training Ground, Madejski Academy Training
Full time, Permanent(2 x YDP, 1 x FP)
Part time, Fixed Term (1 x YDP)
Competitive, dependent on experience
• Auto-enrolment into the Club’s pension scheme (depending
• Group Life Protection (death in service cover)
• Club discounts and offers
Hours of work:
Part time role – up to 12 hours per week
Full time roles – 37½ hrs per week
Above on a flexible basis to include evening and weekend working
Youth Development Phase Lead Coach or Lead Foundation Phase
To support the football and holistic development of the players within the Youth
Development Phase or the Foundation Phase of coaching.
To be responsible for the planning and implementing of individual Learning Plans of
players within the Youth Development Phase (U12-U16) orthe Foundation Phase (U7-
• To follow and implement the Academy philosophy whilst contributing to its
• To ensure a thorough working knowledge of the content and functions of the
Academy performance plan.
• To work as part of a multidisciplinary support team involving, but not restricted
to, head of player development, performance analysts, sports scientists,
physiotherapists, psychologists, operational and administrative staff.
• To ensure player welfare is always the primary consideration in all player
• To arrive to the relevant facility at least 30 minutes prior to training sessions and
at least 90 minutes before home games or 60 minutes before away games
(based on kick off time).
• To attend all staff meetings (unless exceptional circumstances apply).
• To support the daily, weekly and cyclical transport requirements of the Youth
• To work closely with Academy Development Squads U12-16 or U7 – U11 to
ensure close working relationship is maintained and developed.
• To maintain a current and up to date status with all work and communication
involving the performance management application (including coaching
sessions, game details and all aspects of the individual learning plans (ILP’s)
• To be responsible for age group equipment, ensuring it is fit for use at all times
and checked in/out.
• To ensure all age group kits are in order for Academy games and are checked
• To take an active role in the induction process for trialists, providing a positive
reflection of the Academy philosophy to all parties involved (e.g. player, parents)
• To ensure a 3 x 7’s report is completed for each trialist for each game and
submitted to the Academy recruitment department.
• To adhere to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating
to Reading Football Club and its operation
• To be presentable at all times when working and demonstrate that you can
represent the face of the club in the manner expected
• To maintain Reading Football Club’s Safeguarding (Child Protection), Health,
Safety and Equal Opportunity procedures and practice
• To act in a manner that supports the Club’s Vision and Values at all times
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.