Website Romulus Football Club
– Salary: “Dependant Upon Experience”
– Hours: Flexible
– Closing Date: 23/02/2019
– Job Role : Academy Manager
Romulus football club are looking for Academy Head of Goalkeeping to work within the club’s renowned Football Academy at Lindridge Road, Sutton Coldfield also from this coming September working at the new Romulus Academy in partnership with Lordswood School in Harbourne, South Birmingham.
Reporting to Academy Manager.
4 sessions and Match day per week.
Overall Purpose of Job:
Romulus FC Academy Goalkeeping Coach will be responsible for implementing and delivering the Club’s Goalkeeping Strategy working within the two Academy bases at Lindridge Road, Sutton Coldfield and Lordswood School.
Main Responsibilities/Description of Duties:
• The development of long term strategies to ensure the successful recruitment and development of Academy goalkeepers for the two Academy bases at Lindridge Road and Lordswood School.
• To develop and implement a Goalkeeping Coaching Curriculum in line with the Romulus philosophy covering technical and tactical aspects, ensuring these are delivered and reinforced through effective coaching and mentoring.
• To prepare the Academy goalkeepers for all training sessions and matches.
• To monitor and report on the performance and progress of all goalkeepers, evaluating against established and agreed goals.
• To create a positive environment for learning and development within the goalkeeping team.
• Develop the transition of goalkeepers from Academy to First team Squad is managed.
• Player Recruitment, identify and scout potential goalkeeping target players.
• Complete all administrative tasks including updating and monitoring of all goalkeeper records.
• Evaluate the goalkeeping provision within the Academy to ensure consistent delivery of the Goalkeeping Coaching Curriculum.
• Attend all Academy Management Team Meetings.
• Ensure all qualifications are maintained through a programme of CPD and any training needs identified through appraisal.
• Attend fixtures as assigned by the Academy Manager.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties that may arise or be assigned by the Academy Manager or coaching staff.
Goalkeeper Licence (or equivalent);
Valid UK Driving licence.
Experience of GK Coaching in an elite environment for 2 years minimum;
Experience of designing and implementing GK development programmes;
Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment.
Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management;
Able to communicate effectively with players, staff and senior management (verbal and written);
Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative;
Strong interactive / people skills;
Excellent IT and presentation skills;
Good communicator at all levels;
Availability for flexible working hours;
Adaptable and innovative;
Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development;
An ability to inspire and lead individuals;
Focused on individual player development;
Willing to support and promote the Club and Football Philosophy.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.