Website Watford Football Club
– Salary: “Dependent Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 25/11/2019
– Job Role : Football Academy Physiotherapist
Watford Football Club is currently looking to recruit an Football Academy Physiotherapist to work as part of the Club’s Academy medical team providing medical care to all players in the U6-U16 age groups.
As a Chartered Physiotherapist you will be expected to assess, treat and rehabilitate injuries sustained in training or playing matches, conduct medical research and take responsibility for your own CPD so you can help educate players, parents and other stakeholders in the prevention of injuries. You will be able to demonstrate strong planning and organisational
skills to ensure the Academy medical needs are met, ensuring the required medical stock is maintained or providing the appropriate medical presence during the games programme. You will be focused on results and achieving your objectives whilst working with the Senior Academy Physiotherapist, Academy Head of Medical & Sport Science and the wider Academy team. Your ability to build relationships with Players, staff and other professionals will be key to being successful in this role.
Applicants should ideally live locally to Watford and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
· Qualified as a Chartered Physiotherapist
· Intermediate First Aid for Sport Qualification or an Equivalent or Higher Qualification
· Registered Member of the Health Professions Council
· FA Safeguarding Workshop or Child Protection Certificate
· ATMMiF qualification and or working towards
· This role will have regular contact with children and it is therefore required by law to have a DBS Enhanced Criminal Record Check with children’s barred list check.
· Professional personal presentation
· Good organisational skills
· Outstanding verbal and written communication
· Excellent organisational and time management skills
· The ability to work effectively under own initiative and also as a member of a team
· Hands on approach with a can-do attitude
· Ability to multitask in a fast pace ever-changing environment
· Ability to remain calm under pressure.
· Ability to anticipate and prioritise workload.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.