Website West Ham United Football Club
– Salary: “Dependent Upon Experience”
– Closing Date: 18/04/2019
– Job Role: Social Media Assistant
Employment Type Full-Time Fixed Term
Description An exciting opportunity has arisen in the growing West Ham United media department for a Social Media Assistant
As Social Media Assistant, your main responsibility will be to implement and drive the club’s engagement strategy across all social media channels. You will be directly responding to our fans and using your real grasp of social media to ensure our fans receive world class customer service and feel valued by the club. You will also be working with the social media manager to execute content in line with the club’s overall content plan. You will also have some editorial duties and will use your literary skills to support the club with written content for the website and programme.
Key Responsibilities • Responding to fans direct messages across all social channels within agreed SLAs and representing the club in a professional and engaging manner.
• Weekly reporting on fan sentiment and communications, and presenting findings back to senior staff.
• Monitoring notifications and creating content from fan posts that help drive best-in-class engagement from our fan base.
• Delivering brilliant content across both the website and social platforms for West Ham United.
• Helping manage all social media platforms including UK and international accounts in line with our “always on” strategy.
• Supporting the delivery of social content on match days.
• Supporting the content team with website and programme content.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
Club Location London Stadium
Person Specification The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: –
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• Experience of using social media for a brand (E)
• Educated to a degree level (D)
• Knowledge of Photoshop (D)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (E)
• Positive and self-motivated (E)
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail (E)
• Ability to work to deadlines and time-manage effectively (E)
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being Disability Confident Committed. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible as we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than advertised.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.