Website West Ham United Football Club
– Salary: £10.55 – £15 p/h
– Closing Date: 31/03/2019
– Job Role: Sessional Coach
Position Type: Fixed Term – Sessional.
Location: East London and Essex
Salary: £10.55 – £15 per hour (depending on session)
Key Responsibilities Job Purpose
An exciting opportunity has arisen for passionate and driven individuals to join our community coaching team.
The successful candidates will aid, and possibly lead where required, in the delivery of the Community Departments projects.
They will need to be able to plan sessions, deliver them, and collect all required stats and monitoring information while also bringing support to the Project Leads and all Senior Coaches, ensuring protocols and procedures are followed at all times.
We have a very large Youth cohort within our participant groups so these candidates must have experience that can be demonstrated around Youth Work.
As a Foundation, we aim to be as inclusive as we can at all points. With that in mind, candidates need to be able to show experience of diverse delivery and that they will be able to deliver within disability specific and inclusive sessions.
To contribute to WHU Foundation’s mission of facilitating positive experiences, raising aspirations and achievement amongst young people and promoting individual success.
Projects delivered within will include, but not be restricted to:
– PL Kicks
– PL/BT Disability
– PL Girls
– Youth Investment Fund
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Club Location Foundation Beckton
Person Specification The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: –
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Experience, Qualifications
• FA Football Coaching Qualification Level 2 (E)
• FA Youth Module 1, 2, 3 (E)
• FA Youth Award (D)
• FA Emergency First Aid Certificate (E)
• FA Safeguarding Children Certificate (E)
• Over 18 months of experience of working with young people (D)
• Over 18 months experience of managing groups of young people (D)
Abilities, Skills, Knowledge
• Must be experienced and able to demonstrate an understanding of coaching mixed abilities including across a range of ages, including participants with disabilities (E)
• Must have strong ‘Youth Work’ knowledge and experience (E)
• Demonstrate a good understanding of how to engage and connect with young people, interested in sports.(E)
• Must have experience of delivering a range of other sports and other physical activities or able to assist in such (D)
• Must be happy to work across evenings and weekends as well as during weekdays. (E)
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills, which are culturally competent. (E)
• ICT Literate (E)
• Able to work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote individual development(E)
• Able to communicate with participants and the public. (E)
• Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and work within deadlines (E)
• Commitment to develop and improve own performance and CPD (E)
• Ability to work independently and supervise if required. (E)
• Strong commitment to quality service delivery (E)
• Ability to get on with a wide range of people (E)
• Ability to monitor and evaluate programme delivery (E)
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being a Disability Confident Employer. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support giving the advertiser’s name and job reference.
You must sign in to apply for this position.